Welcome! Here at The Daily Guru we simply love new contributors & we are always on the lookout for trained, talented and passionate individuals, who are amongst the personal growth & wellbeing industry. To find out more about having one of your articles featured on Australia’s leading Personal Development & Wellness Online Publication, then follow our Writers Guidelines below.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Word count: Minimum 1000. Posts typically run between 800 -1800 words
- Tone: Inclusive, non-judgemental, educational and generally positive. Take a look at some of our previous articles for inspiration.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to The Daily Guru. We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online, including on your personal blog.
- Bio and promotion: Each writer is provided with a bio page that allows our community to access their information as well as browse all of their articles written for The Daily Guru. This bio page can include your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live.
- Health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, please include a link to that source. If you’re claiming that a certain coaching practice helps with depression, tell us how you know. Ideally, you will link to your evidence source so our readers can follow your line of thinking and investigate further if they want to know more.
- Please only submit one post at a time: You’re welcome to submit multiple articles for us to consider, but please do these in separate submissions.
- By submitting to The Daily Guru, you acknowledge that suitable forms of minor editing might occur on behalf of The Daily Guru editorial team.
- Click through below to find out more about our submission process, including contact information for submissions.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN SUBMISSIONS
We love posts that help our readers grow, feel inspired and educate them to make better decisions in their day to day lives. We are constantly looking for new articles and material which fall under our main listings:
- Professional You: Career, Wealth, Entrepreneur Personal Brand
- Personal You: Growth, Health & Wellbeing, Life Crisis and Spirituality
- Emotional You: Emotional Wellbeing and Love & Relationships
We also enjoy offering our readers take-away items, which offer more insights and value in addition to our daily articles. Therefore, we welcome collaboration ideas on eBooks, promotions, take away guides, infographics, downloadable tools or planners and giveaways etc. These value-added items can support an article you are writing or be in isolation.
WHY WRITE FOR THE DAILY GURU?
Typically writers, coaches and industry gurus who share their work through The Daily Guru, do so through their passion for the personal growth and wellbeing industry. In addition to this, here are a few extra reasons why you might like to share your ideas at Australia’s fastest growing online community for the Personal Growth and Wellbeing Industry.
You’ll change lives Our fast growing and highly-engaged community is incredibly passionate about its personal growth and wellbeing! The Daily Guru tribe is genuine in its pursuit to learn how to improve their lives by educating themselves on all the delights the Personal Development and Wellness industry has to offer. Writing for The Daily Guru gives you a chance to be part of this discussion and to shape the way Personal Growth is perceived in Australia and all around the world.
You’ll gain great PR exposure for your brand The Daily Guru offers highly skilled coaches, writers and industry gurus the opportunity to be positioned as industry experts who have a talent for sharing their skills with large audiences. This can then open up further opportunities, which form part of a larger PR strategy, such as book writing and speaking opportunities, etc.
Your content will be allowed to really shine! At The Daily Guru, we pride ourselves on beautifully presented content and brand positioning. Your article will be given the same care and attention. Our talented creative team will provide your article with a stunning article image, which will captivate our audience and grab its attention.
You can set your own schedule. You can contribute a post when you like. This means, no deadlines — except the ones you create for yourself!
SIX QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ARTICLE.
Please consider the following six questions before submitting your article.
Is my piece inspiring, informative, and/or educational? Posts featured on The Daily Guru are positive, uplifting and educational. If your piece is negative, sarcastic, or not related to personal development or wellbeing, your article is not likely to suit DG.
Are you trained/qualified to be sharing your ideas on the subject you are choosing? We receive many well-intended article submissions at The Daily Guru, which are very interesting to read. However, sadly, the writer does not have the qualifications to be sharing their advice and tips with our audience and therefore we have to turn it down. It’s very important that the ideas and advice being shared on the DG can be supported by evidence and/or qualifications in that particular field.
What’s a great title? Remember: our readers are busy. A good title has the potential to grab their attention and make them want to read your piece. If you’re stuck trying to create one, ask yourself: what problem does my article solve? How will reading this article make someone’s life better? How can I make the actions points of my article, easy to follow?
Is my first paragraph succinct? You only get one chance to make a first impression! Does your introductory sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader very clearly and succinctly what the article will be about?
Am I including actionable tips? Many readers come to The Daily Guru to find solutions to some of the crises and challenges they experience in their life. A great piece will provide tips that they can implement easily.
SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE
To submit your article simply complete the below booking form. Please note, we charge a small admin fee to process and feature your article, to the wide Daily Guru community. Pricing options are shared below, within the booking form. We look forward to receiving your submission.
If you have any further questions please feel free to email our team at [email protected]
If you have already been featured on The Daily Guru, and you’d like to share your work with your own community, here are our ‘Featured’ badges for you to add to your website.