The Daily Guru 2018 Self-Care Advent Calendar!
Ho, ho, ho… Welcome to our 2018 Self- Care Advent Calendar!
With Christmas just around the corner, The Daily Guru team wants to share in the celebration of 2018 with you – the lessons, the magic, the growth.
This December, we will be delightfully gifting you, our tribe, with opportunities to win some amazing gifts, products, coaching, and Xmas give-aways, from across the growth & wellbeing industry, through our very special Self- Care Advent Calendar!
And why…. well quite frankly, because we think you deserve it.
Here’s to a jolly Christmas and New Year!
On the first day of Christmas DG gave to me…
As our very first self-care give away, we are sharing a Coaching Session with DG Founder Rebecca Sparks! So if you’d like to start the new year with some coaching to help you kick-start 2019, then schedule your complimentary coaching session with Rebecca below!
HOW TO REDEEM: Simply click the link below and book in your coaching session. Rebecca has limited availability, so make sure you’re quick and book in your session now, before her session availability runs out.
On the second day of Christmas…
Today we are excited to share…..2 nourishingly delicious recipes from the gorgeous Jess Sepel!!
Simply click HERE to download her mouthwatering recipes!
On the third day of Christmas…
We are so envious of today’s gift from the amazing guys at Sain Belford. Simply enter your email address below to win 1 of 3x amazing Curation 2019 Diaries.
This is more than a just your average 2019 diary… Curation is a Lifestyle Curator providing you with the tools you need to take charge of your life, live mindfully and become the best, most vibrant version of yourself. Ultimately, it’s about designing and living a life that genuinely fulfills you, without compromising your wellbeing in the process.
Enter your email address below to be in with a chance to win this amazing gift! Good luck!
On the fourth day of Christmas…
WOW- 4 incredible Bucketlist journals!!! The Bucket List is the perfect place to dream, plan and document all the things you want to do before your time comes. It includes space to list 100 of the places, people and things you want to experience in this life. Featuring a textured hard cover in a range of inspiring colours, the Bucket List is the perfect size to take with you on your adventures.
To grab your copy please enter your email address below & we will notify our 4 lucky winner shortly!
On the fifth day of Christmas…
This is chance to craft your work and life around your character strengths! Your character strengths help define what’s best, unique, and maybe even quirky about you. This is such an exciting project to be a part of…. Simply enter your email address below to enter for a chance to win 1 of 5 seats in this one-of-a-kind growth opportunity. What an incredible way to start the new year!!
To review this amazing study, and to find out further details, simply click here.
p.s. And DG will be involved in this amazing opportunity too…!
On the sixth day of Christmas…
Marie Forleo is an American life coach, motivational speaker, author and web television host. She is the owner of Marie Forleo International, B-School and MarieTV and has had some stellar standout moments this year. These are our favourites! Grab a pen and journal because these videos are a minefield for golden truths and lessons for all entrepreneurs and people alike.
1: How to have business drive and inner peace
In Marie’s words: “You can be completely at harmony with the Universe and hustle for what you want.”
Phew, good to know! So often peace and success feel like competing and conflicting goals, but Marie, in her epic kind of way, explains it doesn’t have to be that way.
She explains that you can be a Type A driven go-getter and still lead a spiritual life in alignment with the cosmos.
Here are her three tips for finding your stress-free mojo while wildly bringing your big dreams to life.
Watch the video here
2: Everything is figureoutable
Did you catch Marie on Oprah’s Super Soul TV? If you missed it, you’re in luck! Marie shares how nearly missing a flight to Barcelona, Spain, to rekindle the spark in her marriage reminded her that “everything is figureoutable.” On the brink of losing it at the airport, she remembers the words of her mother: “Nothing in life is that complicated. All right? You can do whatever you set your mind to. You just roll up your sleeves, you get in there, and you do it. Everything is figureoutable.”
Watch the video here
3: Overcoming Self Doubt
Marie teamed up with Seth Godwin, best-selling American author, entrepreneur, marketer, and public speaker, to talk about overcoming self doubt. This one is right up there among our best Marie moments for 2016. In this interview, Seth and Marie share what to do if you’re afraid of being judged for your ideas (or afraid you’ll run out of ideas!), how to manage not getting overwhelmed by email or external demands, and why we all need to stop waiting for the ‘right moment’ before we get started.
Watch the video here
4: What it takes to have an extraordinary life
In this episode, Marie talks to Tony Robbins, American businessman, author, and philanthropist, about his documentary I Am Not Your Guru, which has been described as a beautiful emotional journey to leadership. They talk candidly about his work, his life and some of the strategies he uses to spark such profound transformations in other. Marie soon finds herself in a mini coaching session with Tony, right in the middle of the interview. As Tony says in his profound way: “Our competitive advantage is love.”
A must watch. Head this way “
5: Marie’s incredibly authentic & insightful Instastories!
Instastories have taken on their own life this year, consuming hours of our attention each week. And if anyone is worthy of this attention, its Maries Instastories… They are a gorgeous peek behind the scenes into her own personal world. With life-time love Josh and friends appearing regularly in these amazing stories, they are well worth a watch.
Its her signature Program and every year it just gets better & better> Whether you’re brand new to business or established and ready to grow, B‑School will challenge you to execute at your highest level. It’s designed to turn your business into a force for good that fuels higher profits and your higher purpose.
On the seventh day of Christmas…
7 incredible people who have contributed to the personal development and growth industry in 2018, leaving their imprint and inspiring us all.
With her new book, Judgement Detox, Gabby has continued inspiring people around the world to live happier and more fulfilling lives. Released at the start of 2018, Judgement Detox has been called “enlightening”, “engaging” and “informative” as it guides readers towards healing judgement and becoming more connected with others in practical ways.
With the launch of her app, Fresh Body Fit Mind, Amanda Bisk has empowered people to practice yoga and be more active from the comfort of their own living rooms. Through her Instagram, she continues to share her passion for yoga and inspires people to live active, healthy lives.
Aileen is a popular podcaster, blogger and Youtube sensation who encourages her community to “make life their masterpiece.” In 2018, her beautiful journal called The Artist of Life Workbook, made its debut and shows people how to create an inspiring and successful year.
For years, Danielle LaPorte has been showing up for her community and inspiring them to grow in meaningful ways. 2018 was no exception as Danielle continued to share her yearly planners, meditations and apps with the world.
A podcast called RISE, a book about becoming authentically you and a blog about work, travel, style, food and family… Need we say more about the powerhouse of personal development, Rachel Hollis?
Dr Libby Weaver
Aside from all her work to educate and empower people with their health, Dr Libby Weaver’s new book is all about cultivating self-love, using food to boost your natural beauty and how to stop worrying about what other people think of you.
Through her personal growth programs, books, guides, podcast and speaking events, Lori Harder encourages people to live their best lives. In 2018, Lori’s event “The Bliss Project” inspired people to “trade excuses for empowerment” during a live 3-day event. “
On the eighth day of Christmas…
8x charities that need your help this xmas…
1: International Animal Rescue – if you want to help make a difference for animals suffering around the world, think about supporting the International Animal Rescue. They work to save, rehabilitate and release animals back into their natural habitat.
2: Make-A-Wish Foundation – a non-profit organisation that arranges “wishes” to come true for children diagnosed with critical illnesses.
3: SeaLegacy – founded by a pioneer of the modern conservation photography movement and a renowned National Geographic polar photographer, SeaLegacy works to create healthy and abundant oceans through expeditions and campaigns.
4: Kiva – give a loan (not a donation!) to someone living in a country where people often can’t access fair and affordable sources of credit. For example, Mukula in India was a child bride who used a Kiva loan to grow her sari-weaving business so she can support her family.
5: Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia – buy a gift online from the Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia which provide income and employment to artisans across Africa and support Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia which provide free fistula treatment for hundreds of women in Ethiopia.
6: Pediatric Cancer Foundation – a non-profit organisation committed to making pediatric cancer a “relic of the past.” PCF works towards this vision by supporting the seminal research, doctors and institutions where progress is made.
7: Heifer International – with the aim to improve access to income, education, sanitation, water sources, health care and infrastructure, Heifer International work with communities to end world hunger and poverty and care for the earth.
8: Bali Street Dogs – the Bali street dog fund was established to enhance the welfare of dogs and cats in Bali. If you live in Melbourne (Australia), keep an eye out for “Bali Night” which is a yearly fundraising event for Bali Street Dogs.
On the ninth day of Christmas…
Here’s your chance to win a place in The Daily Guru’s Self Series! This course is all about learning how to self-reflect, developing your sense of self-esteem, taking good care of your body and mind, finding new ways to grow and becoming more empowered. It’s the ultimate course in becoming the best version of yourself that you can be!
Simply enter your email address below to be in with a chance of winning!
On the tenth day of Christmas…
To get in the real spirit of things, today we are giving away 10 super festive computer screen savers just for you!! CLICK HERE to access all 10 and feel free to comment below & let us know which is your favourite!
On the eleventh day of Christmas…
On the twelfth day of Christmas…
Daily Guru gave to me…
“12 Instagram accounts to help you achieve better wellbeing in 2019
1: @thrive for meaningful quotes and mental health tips
2: @themerrymakersisters for self-love tips and healthy recipes
3: @stillnessproject for meditation and quotes
4: @goodful for balanced living ideas
5: @thatschelsea for plant-based, simple food ideas
6: @goop for food and lifestyle tips
7: @thebalancedblonde for wellness tips and healing
8: @goodlifeproject for mental health tips and quotes
9: @yummololaberry for food and yoga
10: @mindbodygreen for general wellness tips
11: @getlovedup for yoga, health and vegan lifestyle inspiration
12: @ljclarkson for self-acceptance and general wellbeing
On the thirteenth day of Christmas…
Yey- our favourite Xmas Printables!!!
Here is a demonstration of how to use these amazing printables. And below our demonstration you can click your favourite print to download your chosen Xmas Printable!!! Enjoy!
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS
On the fourteenth day of Christmas…
14 self-development musts for 2018!
1: Meditate – download a meditation app like Aware, Calm, Headspace or Insight Meditations and listen to a relaxing meditation whenever you need a few minutes of relaxation.
2: Let go of negative relationships. If someone in your life only ever brings you down or makes you feel bad, let them know that it’s time for your relationship to come to an end.
3: Take yourself out for breakfast – it’s nice to spend some time alone to reflect and eat mindfully.
4: Go to a yin yoga class. Yin yoga is all about slowing down and tuning into your breath; both great ways to relax and unwind. Book yourself in for a class and do your best to focus on the present moment.
5: Set SMART goals; goals which are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based.
6: Use a journal every day. Write down one memory from each day, list some things your grateful for, or document your goals/habits.
7: Take a personality test (like this one) to better understand yourself – including your strengths and areas for improvement.
8: Be more assertive. Say no when you want to, stand up for yourself and be honest in a compassionate way.
9: Do float tank therapy, which involves sensory deprivation and gives you some time alone to let go of your to-do lists and just relax.
10: Read one new book each month which helps you focus on self-improvement and personal growth.
11: Practice minimalism. De-clutter your home, donate things you don’t really need and try not to purchase new things impulsively.
12: Spend time in nature – being around nature has been shown to relieve stress, so head down to your local park, lake, or garden and spend some time away from technology.
13: Be more creative. Engage in an old (or new!) hobby and enjoy it! Start a garden, do a mindful colouring, play music, knit, re-decorate, or paint.
14: Volunteer for a cause you believe in.
On the fifteenth day of Christmas…
15 of the best books to give to your friends and family to help them have a happy and healthy 2019
1: The Art of Wellbeing by Meredith Gaston
2: The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte
3: Believe in Yourself and Do What You Love by Kate James
4: The Happy Life by Lola Berry
5: The Sleep Revolution by Arianna Huffington
6: The Beauty Chef by Carla Oates
7: The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris
8: Eat Feel Fresh by Sahara Rose
9: The Life Plan by Shannah Kennedy
10: Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini
11: Mindset by Dr Carol Dweck
12: Slow by Brooke Mcalary
13: Your Dream Life Starts Here by Kristina Karlsson
14: The Healthy Life by Jessica Sepel
15: Radical Self-Love by Gala Darling
On the sixteenth day of Christmas…
16 mouth watering recipes for Xmas season!
1: Curried lentil, tomato and coconut soup from Arthur Street Kitchen
2: Blueberry pancakes with cashew mango cream from Hemsley + Hemsley
3: Pumpkin, halloumi and sage tart from My Wholefood Romance
4: Salted chocolate coconut bars from Half Baked Harvest
5: Mexican pasta salad with creamy chipotle lime dressing from The Endless Meal
6: Sweet potato breakfast bake from Sweet Lizzy
7: Peanut butter overnight oats from Deliciously Ella
8: Cheese tortellini with butter, mushrooms and crispy sage from Salt and Lavender
9: Easy chicken tinga tacos from Isabel Eats
10: Fluffy Indian chickpea omelettes with spiced tomatoes from Rebel Recipes
11: Peanut butter millionaire’s shortbread bars from Supergolden Bakes
12: Spicy pork ramen noodle soup from Kitchen Sanctuary
13: Blueberry coconut cake with warm lemon sauce from The Baker Upstairs
14: Cinnamon toast breakfast quinoa from Cookie + Kate
15: Spicy sesame zoodles with crispy tofu from Pinch of Yum
16: Old-fashioned apple crumble from Cook Republic
On the seventeenth day of Christmas…
17 inspiring quotes by some of the world’s greatest movers and shakers!
1. “Lose your inhibition, follow your intuition, free your inner soul, and break away from tradition” – Black Eyed Peas
2. “You don’t have to know how to open the door yourself, but you might want to undo a deadbolt or two” – Hiromi Min
3. “Follow the grain in your own wood” – Howard Thurman
4. “Care about people’s approval and you become their prisoner” – Lao Tzu
5. “Baby, I was born this way” – Lady Gaga
6. “There has never been a time when you and I have not existed, nor will there be a time when we will cease to be. Therefore play the role you’re meant for right now” – Bhagavad Gita
7. “Don’t forget that ‘no’ is a really, really complete sentence” – Dita Manelli
8. “Just sit there. Don’t do a thing. Just rest. For this separation from God, from love, is the hardest work in this world” – Hafiz
9. “What you resist persists” – Carl Jung
10. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flame” – Rumi
11. “You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire Universe, deserve your own love and affection” – Buddha
12. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive” – Dalai Lama
13. “The only real beauty is self-acceptance” – Megan Fox
14. “Your acts of kindness are Iridescent wings of Divine Love, which linger and continue to uplift others long after your sharing” – Rumi
15. “Where’s your will to be weird?” – Jim Morrison
16. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet” -Mahatma Gandhi
17. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken” Oscar Wilde
On the eighteenth day of Christmas…
At this special time of year, where we reflect upon what we are grateful for, today we have 18 gorgeous affirmations to for you to download and use as part of this practice!
On the nineteenth day of Christmas…
19 reasons to love
Where do we even start? She’s a role model, a media mogul, and a rule breaker. She’s has inspired millions all around the world to live their best life as their best selves. Here are but a few of the reasons why we love Oprah so much.
1. She worked her way up. Oprah knows what she wants and goes after it.
2. She finds a way to give. She donates millions of dollars every year and is directly involved with many of her own charities.
3. She has fought to protect children from abuse.
4. She’s not married and doesn’t apologise for it.
5. She cancelled her own show… so she could start her OWN network!
6. She’s truly a real rags-to-riches story.
7. She’s very open-minded. She listens, gives her guests her full attention and shows empathy.
8. She’s an animal lover, especially for dogs.
9. She has a wicked sense of humour.
10. She loves a good book, that’s why she started the Oprah Book Club!
11. She’s a brilliant teacher.
12. She’s surrounded by a network of incredible people just like herself.
13. She embraces her feminine body, booty, curves and all.
14. She is not afraid to set you straight if she disagrees.
15. She knows how to make an entrance and own the room.
16. Her work ethic is next to none!
17. She is private despite her celebrity status.
18. She is always transparent and honest with her viewers.
19. She acts with humility despite being one of, if not the most, powerful women in the world.
On the twentieth day of Christmas…
20 tips to de-stress these holidays!
1. Use your calendar. It’s easy to be forgetful and overwhelmed during this busy time. Be sure to use your calendar and schedule in time for everything – Events, shopping, wrapping, exercising, meditating and relaxing.
2. Stay organised. Keep a running list of errands, groceries and gifts, and make a plan to finish as many things in as few trips as possible. You’ll save time, fuel and your own sanity!
3. Stay active. Don’t mistake being ‘busy’ for being ‘active’. You still need to exercise at least 30 minutes each day. Break it up into a few smaller sessions throughout the day if you’re pressed for time.
4. Walk more. Keep a brisk walking pace while you do your holiday shopping. Instead of wasting time looking for a closer parking spot, take a far-away one to increase your activity (and save time).
5. Simplify gifts. Your loved ones probably feel just as overwhelmed about gifts as you. Instead of buying for everyone, draw names out of a hat (secret Santa), or give to a charity in someone’s honour.
6. Get some sunlight. It will help improve your mood and energy levels throughout the stressful season. Open your shades during the day, sit near windows when indoors and spend some time outside each day.
7. Give back. Too often we focus on ourselves, but the holidays provide ample opportunities to give back. Whether you donate your money or your time, don’t forget about those in need.
8. Downsize. You don’t have to stay to the end of every party, or attend every gathering. Look at your list of events and obligations and see where you can cut back on time, energy and money.
9. Rest up. Don’t skimp on sleep during the holidays. You’ll only feel stressed out and run down. Plan your days to you can check off your to-do list and still make it to bed for 8 hours of shut-eye.
10. Say no. Learn to politely turn down excessive and unachievable requests this festive season. You’re only human!
11. Stay positive. Everyone makes mistakes. Don’t worry – Just get back on track with whatever you’re falling behind on. Staying positive is half the battle.
12. Drink water. Holiday beverages, from eggnog to champagne add empty calories to your diet. Stay hydrated by drinking water all day. At the party, alternate water with other beverages.
13. Try healthier recipes. When treats are in the house, more of the dessert usually ends up in your belly that in your guests’ and therefore leaving us feeling guilty. Keep some low-calorie, healthy snacks on hand.
14. Splurge wisely. The holidays only come once a year, but the parties, events and gifts of food never seem to end! Decide which ones are really worth splurging on, and leave the other foods on the table.
15. Think before you bite. Before you try every irresistible food that crosses your path, think first. How will you feel after you eat them? Is the taste really worth it? Could you enjoy just a small amount instead?
16. Switch-off. The festive season invites a lot more social engagement and in-turn requires us to be switched on a lot more than we think we need. Take some time to go off the grid.
17. Re-focus. You’ll enjoy the holidays more if you’re calm and relaxed. Spend some time journaling and meditating. When things get hectic, take a step back and refocus on what matters most.
18. Embrace the season. Spend more time doing activities outdoors with friends and family. Walk, run, picnic!
19. Reflect. This year has come with some ups and downs, as does every year. Take a moment to think back upon the past year.. What worked? What didn’t? What will you do more or less of next year?
20. Set realistic goals. No one can expect to change a lifetime’s worth of habits overnight. Select a few reasonable resolutions and create an action plan to achieve them.
On the twenty-first day of Christmas…
The Chance to win 1-4 eBooks –
A Journey into Mindfulness: Your 21 Day Guide
Discover how to live more mindfully in fun, simple and meaningful ways using this beautiful eBook.
Simply enter your email address below to be in with a chance of winning 1 of 4 ebooks!!!
On the twenty-second day of Christmas…
22 happy songs to listen to and get in the mood for the holidays.
Head over to Spotify and search “DG Happy Songs” for the playlist!
1: “Smile” by Uncle Kracker
2: “Shut up and dance” by Walk the Moon
3: “Budapest” by George Ezra
4: “Suddenly I see” by KT Tunstall
5: “Lose yourself to dance” by MGMT
6: “Kiss” by Prince
7: “Can’t feel my face” by The Weeknd
8: “Cheap thrills” by Sia
9: “Happy” Pharrell Williams
10: “Banana Pancakes” by Jack Johnson
11: “Best day of my life” by American Authors
12: “Geronimo” by Sheppard
13: “Can’t stop the feeling” by Justin Timberlake
14: “Hey ya” by Outkast
15: “I’m still standing” by Elton John
16: “Send my on my way” by Rusted Root
17: “There’s nothing holdin’ me back” by Shawn Mendes
18: “Pompeii” by Bastille
19: “Put your records on” by Corinne Bailey Ray
20: “On top of the world” by Imagine Dragons
21: “The way you make me feel” by Michael Jackson
22: “You’re my best friend” by Queen
On the twenty-third day of Christmas…
23 good and interesting things that occurred in 2018!
1: In April, researchers debuted a computer interface that can transcribe words a person is thinking, even if they don’t say the words aloud!
2: 18 days after becoming trapped in a cave, a soccer team of Thailand boys and their coach were rescued.
3: Special parking meters in Los Angeles started donating proceeds to homeless people in the area.
4: Scientists found a way to change a protein related to Alzheimer’s into a less detrimental form, reversing damage to the affected brain cells in the process.
5: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were married on May 19.
6: March for Our Lives took place on March 24, which was led by students in support of tighter gun laws.
7: MIT built a car which not only drives itself, but is also capable of navigating unmapped roads.
8: Laverne Cox graced the cover of Cosmopolitan, making her the first transgender woman to appear on the magazine’s cover.
9: Zendaya took 300 kids from her hometown to see the movie “Black Panther”.
10: Ava DuVernay became the first black woman to direct a film that grossed more than $100 million at the domestic box office.
11: Mariah Carey shared her experiences with Bipolar II with the hope that she could help reduce stigma towards people experiencing mental illness.
12: Orange snow fell across Europe after a low-pressure area moved over North Africa and into Eastern Europe, causing orange sand to mix with water droplets and create orange snow.
13: The Netflix reboot of Queer Eye debuted to rave reviews and won three Emmys, including Best Structured Reality Program.
14: On April 25th, a 3D printer successfully printed on skin for the first time, offering a wide variety of medical applications in the future.
15: The “Spiderman of the 18th” rescued a boy dangling from a fifth-floor balcony in Paris. Mamoudou Gassama was a recent immigrant from Mali, and has since been offered French citizenship and a job with the Paris Fire Brigade.
16: Scientists found an antioxidant which helps reduce blood vessel aging, potentially increasing the human lifespan.
17: Prince Louis of Cambridge was born on April 23.
18: Boston Dynamics created a running robot.
19: Toronto hosted its first-ever Indigenous fashion week.
20: Beyonce headlined Coachella and reunited Destiny’s Child for the occasion.
21: Women in Saudi Arabia started driving again after the country repealed its ban on female drivers in 2017.
22: A NASA probe landed successfully on Mars after a 7-month journey
23: Michelle Obama’s book, Becoming, sold over 1.4 million copies in its first week making it one of the fastest-selling books in Barnes and Noble history.
On the twenty-fourth day of Christmas…
24 reasons to be grateful
1: Delicious Christmas food
2: Spending quality time with the people you love
3: Traditions you enjoy each year
4: Funny Christmas memes which pop up on social media
5: Cheerful Christmas music
6: Boxing day sales
7: Receiving Christmas cards from other people.
8: Having time off work.
9: Generosity of people who donate and volunteer to make Christmas better for everyone
10: Pretty Christmas decorations in the streets
11: The excitement of children who can’t wait for Santa’s visit
13: Fun Christmas parties where you can laugh, dance and listen to music
14: Knowing that a brand new year is just around the corner
15: Thoughtful gifts from people who really know you
16: Christmas movies!
17: The good feeling you get when you give presents to others
18: All the beautiful Christmas lights
19: Having a home to spend Christmas in
20: New memories to cherish
21: Pretty Christmas trees
22: Bon bons
23: Secret Santa exchanges
24: Love, joy and excitement. All the good feels we can experience during Christmas!